Weigh–in-motion (WIM) devices designed to capture and record truck axle weights and gross vehicle weights as they drive, without traffic interferences.
- Control de excess road transportation loads.
- Optimize pavement design and road maintenance cost.
- Bridge monitoring.
- Enforcement support.
- Planning and freight movement studies.
BRIDGE MONITORING SYSTEMS (SHM)
Bridge Monitoring Systems (SHM) provide the information required to support a safe transportation system. By continuously monitoring movements, vibrations and structural changes of bridges it is possible to identify potential failure modes.
ROAD WEATHER INFORMATION SYSTEM (RWIS)
A Road Weather Information System (RWIS) or Environmental Sensor Stations (ESS) is a system to collect road field data from sensors. The stations may measure real-time atmospheric parameters, pavement conditions, water level conditions, visibility, and others.
- Thermometer for measuring temperature and pavement conditions.
- Anemometer for measuring wind speed.
- Wind vane for measuring wind direction.
- Visibility sensor for detecting fog and smoke.
- Rain gauge for measuring precipitation.
- Surface sensor (embedded) for measuring road surface temperature and status temperature, dry or wet state, water depth, chemical concentration.
- Surface sensor (non-invasive) for measuring road surface temperature and status temperature, dry or wet state, water depth, chemical concentration, friction.
- Sub-surface probe for measuring below-grade temperature of roadway, surface temperature and resistance.
Smart Sensors includes the application of technologies to help the traffic management and transportation These devices include speed sensors, acoustic sensors, IP CCTV cameras, smart traffic lights, and digital signage. Data from IoT sensors, cameras, and radar, can be used in real-time to ease traffic flow. This data also can be used to reduce pollution and improve road conditions.
- Reducing traffic congestion.
- Improving safety.
- Analytics about some critical areas.
- Monitoring road conditions.
- Reducing pollution.
ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE (AI)
Artificial Intelligence (AI) which facilitates proactive traffic management through sensors and systems that it helps collect data on road infrastructure condition, users’ behaviors, and traffic events over an entire road network and through predictive models, AI learns to identify locations on the network where need to be actuate.